This prestigious scholarship presents a remarkable chance to study in Australia’s top-rated university, Curtin University. It offers a stipend of AUD $28,092 per annum, free from tax, for a maximum of three years. This amount is aimed to support scholars in covering their living costs and making their study journey smoother.
The scholarship also provides an excellent opportunity to work with leading scholars and researchers in the university’s thriving and supportive research community. Furthermore, candidates will gain access to state-of-the-art facilities and have the opportunity to develop essential research skills that can be applied to future academic or industry pursuits.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet specific criteria:
- Applicants should possess a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with first-class honors in a related field.
- Applicants should demonstrate excellent research skills and an interest in the chosen field of study.
- English Language Proficiency is required, with the standards set by the university.
- Applicants must not be receiving income from another source to support their general living costs while undertaking the study if that income is greater than 75% of the scholarship’s stipend rate.
- Applicants must not have previously held an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship unless it was used to support a master by research degree that was completed at least two years before commencing the RTP Scholarship.
How to apply
The application process is straightforward:
- Visit the official website of Curtin University and head to the ‘Scholarships’ section.
- Find the relevant PhD scholarship link and click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill in the required information, ensuring that all data is accurate.
- Attach all required documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
- If selected, you will be notified via the email address provided during the application process.
Before applying, make sure to gather all necessary documentation. The following documents are required:
- Transcripts and graduation certificates for all school and tertiary studies you have undertaken (original language and certified English translations).
- Evidence of meeting Curtin’s English competency.
- A copy of your passport (the page with your name and other details).
- A two-page research proposal relating to your proposed area of study.
- Two referee reports, including one academic referee (where possible).
- Evidence of any academic award or honors.
The partially funded PhD scholarship at Curtin University is an exceptional opportunity for students to undertake advanced study in their chosen field. This initiative helps students significantly with their living expenses and allows them to fully focus on their studies, contributing significantly to their overall academic success and future career growth.